Writing and relaxing. Combining the organic philosophy with growth. Started blog in 2003 with co-workers to complete a Library 2.0 project.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Thing 2 What is Lib 2.0?
I attended a workshop in Mankato at tzt headquarters. So, Lib2.0 is not just a walk down technology lane. I am going to learn some new vocabulary: aggregator - the blog; paradign shift - total new way of being; institutions efficacy - efficiency?; metadata - meeting knowledge; and ideas like "collaborating cataloging"; transforming information infrastructure. I watched the video, took some notes. Google an "uber-gateway", yup the vocab is a challenge. It makes sence, we do have to "get people back to the library by making the library relevant"(quoting Ms. Houghton). Yeah, there is much learning to be done. That is the purpose of this, so I get up to speed. Stephen Abram says we learn as we reflect and there are unintended consequences (the ripple effect).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
post ideas here.